Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

31 Days To A Less Messy Cottage- Day 4

Are you ready to move onto day four challenge?
..............I'm not because I already fell off the wagon.......BUT.......if at first you don't succeed try try again!!

Here is a picture of my latest mayhem in the front room........
This is what people see when they come in the front room.
Please excuse the terrible picture of the ugly mess!  I have been using photo booth on my mac for pictures recently because my camera is lacking the cord to load wonderful pictures on the computer!
I have to say that even though I work from home....it gets really hard to clean sometimes so I have two tips for you today that help me.....when I do them!

Day 4-  Clean the First Room People See When They Come to the Door!
             Clean the House at the Same Time Everyday!

     My good friend and I have always joked around about the front room of our homes being the cleanest because that gives people the impression that the rest of your house is just as sparkly clean.   So if you are going to clean do the first room people will see first!  I cannot tell you how many times people have decided to randomly come to my door when I decided to start in the back of the house!!!!
     Yesterday I had a lot of sewing to do on some samples and errands to run so I told myself I could clean the house later.  When later came I was still working.  Now I usually clean the house in the morning time because that is when I feel the most motivated.  If I get off schedule it throws off EVERYTHING.  CLEAN WHILE YOU ARE MOTIVATED!  So today I will try to deep clean my one room AGAIN.....and do my five minute clean sweep and THEN go work!  STICK WITH THAT SCHEDULE...you'll thank me later!  I will post my CLEAN pictures tomorrow!!!

Don't be like me.....and GOOD LUCK!

3 comments:

  1. A friend gave me your blog address and I am so glad! I too have 4 boys and am trying to make our house a home. I LOVE to decorate and hope to see some great things about decorating and organizing here!! Hope it's ok for me to snoop around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love to have new followers!!! Boys are their own creature! Not to mention mine break up the place so I will have lots of projects going on...especially during the winter months when that is what I do when we are stuck in the house a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with this! We live in a small basement apartment and my kitchen (which also is my laundry room), dining room, and family room are all visible through my glass door (so people can see it even before I answer the door!) I'm hoping the 5 minute sweep will help keep this under control better! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete